Tuesday, April 12, 2011

work-sleep ratio

Crumbs crumbs crumbs. Crumbs all over my computer keypad. I miss creativity. The thing about doing such a lot of government work (our company is contracted by PGWC) is that there's not much scope for creativity and it merely has to do with remedial shit - keeping to the desired specifications of how government buildings should look like etc. Of course you do get the odd design opportunity for those jobs too, even if it is very minimal. But what can you do, it's government buildings and houses. I despise the latter, but at least you can 'create'. The other thing about G-work is that the client always wants everything URGENTLY which, when you receive the brief about delays caused by contractors and other technicians/engineers it proves really troublesome for your work hours (and thereby your sleep hours)! It is quite exciting however, the thrill of real deadlines coupled with having to churn out 3d's of houses for other clients - it makes one feel as if the day has really been put to good use.

A couple of weeks ago the plotter in our office literally blew up behind me. There was this loud thud as if a mallet had been swung into a concrete slab, and then smoke billowed out of the device. Out out. It's fixed now though. I hate being a student working. Actually, being a student in general. If there is an income, it's never enough to do anything with. And there's so much you have to do! Which is why I am trying to explode into any other opportunity I get, since me having to do CTD only gives me time (the time other than work). It's funny that there should be an article on Architizer about Lego, as I've been trying to do something with Lego also! Not as extravagant as what's been posted there mind you, because I don't have enough Lego to build the suburb where I live. Hahahahahaha. Like the set of Farnsworth House, I've seen one of the Taj Mahal. I wonder what other architectural masterpieces they'll bring out? It's quite good actually, it let's youngsters understand and appreciate the value of architecture in way even if they don't know anything about the building or why (if it is) renowned. I think I'll post some of my Lego stuff, 'cos I'm bored. Just wait for the final product...


I know I should post something architectural, but this seems more fun. Not keeping to architecture in it's most strict sense when I don't have to, is what I love most about architecture. It is anything. It is everything. It is nothing. That's why I LOVE architecture. I'm listening to music as I'm typing so don't really know if what I've been typing makes sense or if I've used the correct grammar. Tough if it doesn't make sense. Deal with it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment